Parents as Partners
Parent School Association Group
With a vision to develop stronger partnerships between the parents and the school with a goal to support each student in achieving their potential, Ms. Natasia Sohail, Head of Foundation Stage and Yr1 conducted a session on 15th October 2014, on ‘Parents School Association Group’ with a focused group of parents across the school to create a vital link between school practices and the opportunities that parents can avail to become evolve and redevelop Al Ameen’s vision.
Parents School Association programme focuses on building an increased parental involvement to strengthening the relationship between the school and parents in the following ways:
- Promoting the academic growth, health, well-being of students.
- Guiding parents towards a better understanding of the aims, policies and philosophy of the School
- Encouraging and maintaining the interest of the parents
- Offering community assistance to all parents
- The role of PSAG to be more consultative.
- Involve PSAG more in forming the school development plan
- Look for opportunities to involve parents more within the school
- Develop clear lines of communication for parents and community members
- Use PSAG to expand and interrogate parent survey results
The Programme also offers an increased student voice and ownership and initiatives to:
- Develop student leadership opportunities
- Offer working parties to expand the opportunities to lead
- Develop process to inform / feedback regarding teaching practice
- Student involvement in developing the school vision
The aim of the workshop was to make Al Ameen a better place to learn, grow and thrive. During the course of the session, parents acknowledged the positive impact of their engagement on student achievement.